Professional man and Van Companies provide various types of vehicles for their clients. A wide array of vehicles is required to satisfy the different unique needs that each client may have. Some clients may have bulky furniture that needs to be lifted and carefully packed, while another may have just a few boxes that need to be moved a few blocks away. Either way, the removal companies often have a wide array of vehicles for you to pick from depending on the nature and magnitude of the task ahead.
The kind of vehicle picked for the job will be determined by;
- Size of the load; this could probably be in terms of width or length but often, man and van companies will charge you only for what they have removed from your premises. For their part, skip hire services will charge you based on the size of the skip which makes them slightly more expensive.
- Weight of the load; The heavier the load, the more you’ll be required to pay
- Fragility of the load; How delicate is the load? Is it fragile and needs to be handled with care? Fragile and valuable items have to be handled with care at all times.
- Perishability of the goods; some man and van vehicles have cold rooms that are used to store perishable goods and items during transportation.
- Distance to be covered; how many miles are likely to be covered? Is the road too steep, how is the weather on the day you plan to move?
- Maneuverability of the road; are you relocating to a busy, congested vicinity? How easy or complex will it be getting your items to the new premises?
So, what types of vehicles would a particular company offer?
- Parcel vans; Parcel vans are about 15 feet long and can carry about 2500-3500 pounds. They are ideal for clients seeking to move offices or making deliveries of stationary and other smaller errands like door to door deliveries.
- Panel vans; these are smaller compared to parcel vans but are considered equally efficient for their kind of work. The panel vans are better suited for moving light loads like light office machines, supplies for an elderly home or children’s home. A professional man with a van company deems this vehicle as a valuable acquisition.
- Straight trucks; these are larger vehicles provided by professional man and Van Companies. They are over 25ft long and can handle bulkier and heavier loads. The removal company provides such a vehicle to cater for the needs of clients who may want to move loads of about 7000 to 10000 pounds. Such trucks can handle heavy machinery and equipment efficiently due to their loading capacity.
- City vans; these are medium sized trucks designed to maneuver urban centers that contain sophisticated road networks. The removal company provides these vehicles with the aim of serving clients living and working in the middle of cities; vehicles are designed in such a way that they offer more visibility to their CRB certified drivers due to their huge windshields.
- Tractor trailer;Professional man and van companies are fully aware of the time taken to and from the warehouses. A client who is expanding their business operations might require moving warehouses. A perfect solution would be a tractor trailer which is more suited for such kind of tasks, compared to a van or ordinary lorry. Bulky cargo is safer when transported using a tractor trailer.
- Cold storage van; A professional Man and Van company like BIG YELLOW EXPRESS provides cold storage room as and when the need to arises. We well understand that some of the perishable foodstuffs you have in your fridge or freezer don’t have to be rendered waste simply because you’re moving. Thus, even as we turn off your fridge during transportation, our specially customized cold storage vans can safely store your veggies, flowers, dairy products and other perishable items. Be it a dairy farmer, a small catering restaurant, florists; we got you covered.
A professional man and van company weighs all the above factors while deciding what kind of vehicles to provide to clients. Factors like location may also come into play depending on what and the where the client wishes to relocate to. At BIG YELLOW EXPRESS we pride ourselves of being a professional, punctual, and affordable Man and van company in London. Regardless of your budget, we can always find a way to work within that without compromising on the quality of our services. Our well serviced fleet of vans and trucks, not to forget the CRB certified drivers that we’ve employed; we’re here to serve you professionally, punctually, and at an affordable rate. Get in touch with our customer care team on 020 3322 8733 and let’s discuss your options now.
You may also check the Man and Van London by the leading company in London.